Morocco is the blend of rich tradition, beautiful deserts, mountain ranges, and diverse landscapes. In, other words it is a vivacious country and a trip to this beautiful place is a must once in a lifetime. you can explore loads of stuff there and their delicious Moroccan food is definitely one of them. If you have planned a trip to Morocco, here is a list of dishes and drink worth exploring.
- Harira This is a tasty soup made of tomatoes, beans, chickpeas, and lentils. It is a very traditional soup in Morocco which is served with chopped coriander leaves. People of Morocco break their fast during Ramadan with this soup generally.
- Tagine This is succulent meat cooked with vegetables and spices. The specialty of this food is the pot in which it is cooked. It is a clay cooking pot that has a conical lid.
- Meschui It is nothing but the tasty and spicy whole roasted sheep or goat.
- Tangia It is the combination of fresh salad, fruits, hot steaming bread along with other delicacies. This food is very special is Marrakech. So, if you have a plan to visit that place, try exploring it there.
- Mint tea You must have heard of mint tea of Morocco. This is available in every roadside shop. And this is definitely a must-have drink there.
- Couscous: Couscous is originally a Berber dish and for this reason couscous is avery famous in our region.
Note: Never drink tap water in Morocco. Always try drinking bottled water everywhere. We do not recommend to have ice in the drinks since it may not come from drinking water.
At Kam Kam Dunes we usually cook a mix of traditional Moroccan cusine and western dishes, with a fusion specially with Spanish food. Because one of the owners of Kam Kam Dunes is from Spain, our food has a bit of Spanish influence.